From liberation until present days

The most important task after evacuees´ return was restoration of the village

Already on 24th March 1945 a first Local National Committee in the village was established, with Vasiľ Jurčišin as its chairman. Its main tasks were to organize burials of dead soldiers and horses, ensure temporary repairs of roads and bridges, clearing of ruins and taking part in distribution of aid, particularly food, among the villagers.

The situation was made more difficult by the fact that, even after repairs, only 3 out of 27 houses were habitable. The rest of villagers built makeshift wooden dwellings, in which they lived for months afterwards. Only in the following years the government provided 3 wooden family barracks.

Not only were there problems with housing, but cattle, horses, agricultural tools and seeds too had perished, or been destroyed. The damages were so extensive, that it was impossible for the inhabitants themselves to repair them.

The wood industry was not revived after the war, which left the villagers without jobs and money and further contributed to general misery.

These extremely harsh conditions lead some people to leave their native village and search for new homes elsewhere. In the autumn of 1945, several of them left for Michalok in Vranov district, where they settled down on farms forcibly abandoned by Germans. However, they were met with resistance from local people and eventually forced to return back. More successful proved relocation to the western parts of Czech Republic, where 25 inhabitants were resettled, most of them in Jirkov in Chomutov district.

Significant help, particularly food but also clothing and domestic animals, was provided by international organization UNRRA, from the Czech Republic.

Another form of help was a one-year stay for children from poor families in the Czech Republic in 1946, although such families´ separation wasn’t easy to bear.

One of the biggest problems caused the fact, that arable land, meadows and pastures were not properly cleared of land mines. Although extensive clearing was performed during 1945-46, it wasn’t until 1951-52 that it was done in the whole area and it continued irregularly also in the following years.

The village reconstruction plan was approved in June 1946. It included building of 27 new houses, municipal and cultural houses, state people’s school, firemen depot, and brand new Greco-catholic church. Also planned were roads with strengthened surface, electrification, stream regulation and four bridges. However, the work itself did not start before 22nd June 1948. In 1953-57 a new dustless road was built, which enabled a first bus service to be set up in 1957. In 1958, electrification was completed, as well as street lighting. There followed another local road and small bridge over the local stream in 1959. Another building projects included one-class national school (1961), extension and reconstruction of church building (1965), cemetery enclosure (1968), public address system (1970), first common water pipe (1971), cultural-administrational building (1972).

The occupational stratification of inhabitants was also gradually changing. While in 1950 as much as 100 out of 103 worked in agriculture and forestry, in 1961 24 worked in industry, 9 in civil engineering, 3 in transport and communications, 1 in commerce and 84 in agriculture and forestry. After finishing their education, young people started leaving for the cities. Farm work ceased to be the main occupation also for older inhabitants, who turned to industry and other branches of economy in search of new opportunities.

That was the main reason why in the autumn of 1972 all private farmers filed an application to a cooperative farm located in Kapišova. Local forests were after nationalization administered by State Forests. Under the restitution terms, part of the forests was in 1993 restored to ancestors of Gross, Ehrenberg and Rosenbluth company, namely to Debora Grossman and Gizela Svobodová. In 1995, a Land Association “Dalnik” was established, which united forest-owners from Vyšná Pisaná, First shop in the village was opened already between the wars. Interesting fact is, that there has never been a public house in the village.